A friend recently asked me how I made the “CHANGE” from living a life that felt very unfulfilled professionally to one that inspires me more than I ever thought was possible. It is a great question… because it means she is open and ready for change and she is looking for answers. That is how I started… I think. It is hard to pinpoint what exactly transpired because it really is a process… just like our lives each day. Every moment matters in terms of where we will go next however we get to redirect ourselves too, so we can be and do whatever we want.
The miracle that helped me move to a much more joyful and fulfilling life came through words. They came to me in books and messages and then they started to come through me. No one was more surprised than me to see how my life would begin to unfold! The key for me was that I had to learn to slow down, be present and listen to the messages.
In this post, I will share with you some of the most influential books that I have read. It is not an exhaustive list, however as I glimpse at my bookshelf these are the titles I see. I have bolded the ones that I have read multiple times.
Finding a book or a teacher that can help you connect to the inner you that is waiting to come alive is the key.
- Bringing Home the Dharma, Awakening Right Where You Are, Kornfield
- Autobiography of a Yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda
- Your Soul’s Plan, Schwartz
- The Book of Joy, Lasting Happiness in a Changing World, Dalai Lama & Desmond Tutu
- Breakfast with Buddha: A Novel
- Open to Channeling, Roman
- Dying to Be Me, Moorjani
- Journey of Souls, Newton
- Re-member, Rother
- Tuning In, Sonia Choquette
- Man’s Search for Meaning, Frankl
- As a Man Thinketh, Allen
- The Alchemist, Coehello
- The Celestine Prophecy, Redfield
- The Tenth Insight, Redfield
- Frequency, Peirce
- It’s Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile, Dyer
- Meditations for Manifesting, Dyer
- Esther & Jerry Hicks Collection (including the Sara Collection)
- Wayne Dyer Collection
- Eckhart Tolle Collection
- Robin Sharma Collection
- The Lightworker’s Source, Arienta